At Envisage, we believe that the traditional hiring process has its limitations. Specifically, we know that interviews may not necessarily highlight the skills and competencies of introverts, and that unconscious biases can filter into our judgment. Moreover, we value diverse life experiences, and know that résumés and cover letters might not be the best reflection of a candidate’s value. That’s why our hiring process involves auditions. Our auditions involve neither multiple-choice exams nor psychological tests. Rather, we ask candidates to complete a job-relevant task so that the quality of their work product can be evaluated free of these limitations. For example, developer candidates will pair program with another developer, QA candidates will try to break a site, project manager candidates will write meeting minutes, and trainer candidates will host a web conference training. These activities help us understand the level of your current skills, informing later stages of our hiring process.We believe the audition is an important and mutually beneficial detour on our hiring journey, since we both learn whether you are a good match for Envisage’s culture and competencies. Thus, to become a member of the Envisage team, candidates must successfully complete each stage of our hiring process:
- Résumé—Send us a résumé indicating your qualifications and interest. Sample work products are also encouraged.
- Audition—Making progress with a developer on an open-source project lets us see how you interact and helps you determine if you like our style of pair-programming.
- Some positions require the audition to be performed remotely.
- Interview—Candidates answer and ask questions in a round-table interview.
- Reference and Background Check—Envisage will ask for references – at a minimum, a supervisor, peer, and someone who received your work before determining whether or not to extend an offer for employment. Before an offer letter is issued, a minimal background investigation through a non-government vendor must be completed. An extended background check (last 7 years) will be required once employment starts.
Though times may vary based on position, candidate, or scheduling, the process of applying to hiring typically ranges from two to six months.
Envisage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.