The goal of the trainer is to help our customers understand how to use our software to improve their job effectiveness and to maintain satisfaction with our software and our company. When appropriate, this person works to understand why a particular customer is not using the software and provides individual training and follow up to help them move past their blockers. This person serves as the product development team’s eyes and ears at the customer site, advocating application changes that would improve usability and usage. This person serves as backup for the help desk and quality assurance. They may help project managers with implementation tasks as time permits.
The position responsibilities include the following:
- Understand the customer’s business process and educate them on software features that are not being used that would fulfill their needs
- Understand industry best practices to implement at customer sites
- Understand the product to provide group training at customer sites and online
- Travel to the customer site to work with specific individuals who need extra attention
- Participate in internal feature demonstrations to maintain knowledge of new features and corrections to software
- Demonstrate new features and corrections to the software to production customers
- Understand and communicate positively when requested features require additional funding or are not in the existing Envisage roadmap
- Understand Envisage development lifecycle to understand how customer requests may be fulfilled
- Come up with creative solutions to customer business processes that aren’t currently met by the software
- Contact production customers at regular intervals to measure their satisfaction with the company and proactively discover software issues
- Provide meeting notes, trip reports and week in review status updates to management team on client satisfaction and issues
- Provide feedback to the product design team on user observation and potential product improvements
- Serve as a backup to the help desk and quality assurance
- Participate in regression testing efforts with quality assurance team
- Help with user guide documentation as time permits
- Serve as a backup to the project managers in initial setup, configuration and data loading as time permits
We would know this person was doing a great job if…
- …people who contacted us know Envisage is a friendly and helpful place by the employee’s actions
- …new customers learned how they could improve their business processes using our software
- …a customer understood our process sufficiently to understand the benefits of participation in the demonstration of new features
- …a customer that had a complex decision involving use of the software understood the pros and cons of each option and felt like they had sufficient information to make the best decision for their organization
- …a customer felt supported and comfortable adopting new features that help the customer get to best practices
- …the employee brought new knowledge of our customers to the team, especially something that would change the way we develop
- …management team had a clear understanding of customer satisfaction and product usage
- …a customer was willing to give positive references (product and company) to other potential customers
This position reports to the Customer Care Manager and involves 25% travel. This position has occasional evening or weekend needs related to training travel.
All positions are located in Bloomington, Indiana. Due to the high communication style involved in Agile software development, routine remote work is not offered at this time.
[COVID-19 NOTICE: Though remote employment is not typically offered for many of the roles outlined below, we are committed during this time to ensuring the health and safety of all of our employees. Accordingly, most positions are temporarily assigned to work remotely.]
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.