Systems Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
At ENVISAGE, we have some crazy beliefs…
- if the person who designs the software tests the software, we reduce our communication costs and get a project much closer to what the customer wants
- if we automate regression testing, testing the software ceases to be dull and software changes can be introduced without breaking working code
- if we figure out how to test the software before we write it, we don’t have to completely reengineer it when it gets to the testing phase
- if we design features in little pieces (instead of everything up front) and let the customers use it, we will more often deliver exactly what the customer needs, faster than they are used to getting it, and get better feedback about what would be of most value next
- if everyone on the development team listens directly to the customer, we ferret out assumptions earlier, shorten the communication cycle from customer idea to tested feature, and eliminate the telephone game
What that means is that business analysis and quality assurance are a combined function. The duties include the following:
- Partner with development to produce quality, usable applications
- Estimate the amount of work for each requested feature with the development team
- Collaborate on design ideas and help make trade-off decisions
- Document acceptance criteria for features prior to or concurrent with development
- Communicate positively to the development staff when defects are found in current work
- Record defects in an easy to repeat fashion
- Build team rapport, both within QA and throughout the entire development team
- Participate in weekly demonstrations of completed work and daily stand up meetings
- Participate in help desk rotation for each of the existing applications
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the internal staff on issues reported by the customer
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
All positions are located in Bloomington, Indiana. Due to the high communication style involved in Agile software development, routine remote development is not offered at this time.
[COVID-19 NOTICE: Though remote employment is not typically offered for many of the roles outlined below, we are committed during this time to ensuring the health and safety of all of our employees. Accordingly, most positions are temporarily assigned to work remotely.]
Please send a communiqué indicating your qualifications for this position to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.