Strategic Account Manager - Federal
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the opportunity to make an impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives forward with a passion to make communities safer. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
The Strategic Account Manager– Federal is responsible for handling the most important client accounts in our company. These accounts make up the highest percentage of company revenue, and the Strategic Account Manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with these clients. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed. The key account manager will also bring in new business from these existing clients and will be responsible for upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Developing positive relationships and handle customers’ needs
- As a Strategic Account Manager, you should work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience.
- You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented.
- Maintain detailed reports in the CRM system of sales activities including calls, meetings, demonstrations, sales, lost business, and any customer or prospect interactions.
- Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
- Developing a complete understanding of key account needs
- Anticipating key account changes and improvements
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
We would know this person was doing a great job if...
- ...the use of strong interpersonal skills helps lead current Envisage customers to deepen their level of product use.
- ...driven to meet sales goals with a strategic focus that encourages other team members
- ...organized with process that creation of reports and progress are minimal effort to complete
- ...our current customers feel cared for because they understand our products and services and they have been guided to have the tools to help them be most successful
- ...interactions with clients exemplifies that Envisage values our clients service to their community
- 3+ years’ of Account Management experience with Federal Customers with focus on sales and customer service
- Knowledge of the Federal Government contracting process
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
- Specific work experience in supporting Federal Government agencies is required
- Experience supporting organizations with over 5,000 employees
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President of Sales
DIRECT REPORTS: none
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Washington DC Metro Area
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.