Senior Software Developer
As with clearly written code, ads for software developers need little embellishment. We respect our developers and your time. If you can do full-stack web development with C# and Oracle or SQL Server in an agile, team-oriented environment, please talk to us.
- The team works together in Bloomington, Indiana.
- We are constrained by business relationships to consider only U.S. citizens.
- We try very hard to recruit kind, smart people who get things done.
- Most of us came in with a degree in addition to experience, but autodidacts are welcome.
Expected experience for all incoming developers, in descending order of priority:
- Demonstration of low ego (we are very team-oriented and collaborative)
- C# and ASP.NET MVC development
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle PL/SQL
- NUnit or comparable unit testing frameworks
- RESTful and/or SOAP web services
- Enterprise-scale application development
Desirable but not required experience (until working here):
- Test-driven development
- Cloud-computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Pair programming
- Continuous integration tools
- Object-relational mapping (NHibernate, Entity Framework, etc.)
- Integration test harness work
- Database tuning
- PowerShell scripting
- DevOps-oriented features
We would know this person was doing a great job if….
- …uses problem-solving and analytical mindset within the team to improve product coding
- …desire to strive for improvement sparks inquisitiveness and curiosity
- …exceptional technical/professional writing
- …interactions with pairing and team exemplifies that Envisage values
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.