By knowing the software and its application to customer segments, this person will be able to answer all basic questions about our software products and help a prospect know if our services are a good choice.
The position will also be responsible for researching potential clients and introductory customer demos.
The position responsibilities include the following:
- Understand Envisage’s market segments, industry best practices and competitors
- Reach out to and help onboard small customers and vendors
- Monitor lead feeds and identify sales opportunities that are consistent with Envisage goals
- Research potential customers identifying the appropriate purchaser(s) and basic pain points
- Provide initial demonstrations to potential customers
- Understand the different licensing models and hosting options that are offered and be able to recommend based on constraints
- Listen deeply to potential customer needs and communicate these to the key account sales team
- Collaborate with potential customers on how they can garner appropriate budget or support within their organization to implement significant changes
- Communicate honestly and positively when requested features are not in the software and educate potential customers on Envisage’s development lifecycle and how customer requests may be met
- Provide feedback to the product design team on features that are not present in the software but needed by potential customers and the market segment
- Demonstrate new features and corrections to the software to production customers and internal team as needed
- Work collaboratively with other outreach, sales, lead generation and marketing personnel
We would know this person was doing a great job if….
- …if sales staff spent more time with qualified customers instead of initial conversations or marketing tasks
- …if leads progress in the sales process
- …if good effort is spent on organizational goals
- …if potential customers that aren’t interested in our services are left with a positive impression of Envisage
- …if the existing team feels this person is collaborative and respectful
- …if management team is comfortable sending this person to a customer site to train or to respond to a customer inquiry
The Sales Outreach position is expected to be on the phone with potential customers up to 50% of their day, and ranges in travel between 0 and 10%.
This position reports to the Customer Care Manager.
All positions are located in Bloomington, Indiana. Due to the high communication style involved in Agile software development, routine remote work is not offered at this time.
[COVID-19 NOTICE: Though remote employment is not typically offered for many of the roles outlined below, we are committed during this time to ensuring the health and safety of all of our employees. Accordingly, most positions are temporarily assigned to work remotely.]
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
Please send a communiqué indicating your qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.