Quality Assurance Analyst/Automation Engineer
At ENVISAGE, we have some crazy beliefs…
- if we design features in little pieces (instead of everything up front) and let the customers use it, we will more often deliver exactly what the customer needs, faster than they are used to getting it, and get better feedback about what would be of most value next
- if we figure out how to test the software before we write it, we don’t have to completely reengineer it when it gets to the testing phase
- if we write specifications as tests, instead of as a piece of paper that lives outside of the code, our specifications are always up to date and our code gets tested every time a developer performs a check-in
- if the person who designs the software and the person who tests the software, meet up with the developer to review what has been coded before the code goes to formal testing, we reduce our communication costs and get a project much closer to what the customer wants
- if we automate regression testing, testing the software ceases to be dull and software changes can be introduced without breaking working code
- if everyone has access to what the customer has said, we ferret out assumptions earlier, shorten the communication cycle from customer idea to tested feature, and eliminate the telephone game
What that means is that business analysis and quality assurance are a collaborative function. The duties of this position include the following:
- Partner with development to produce quality, usable applications
- Collaborate on design ideas and suggest trade-off decisions
- Provide feedback to the product design and development team on features that are difficult to automate
- Document acceptance criteria for features prior to development
- Communicate positively to the development staff when defects are found in current work
- Record defects in an easy to repeat fashion
- Author browser based automation tests (currently written in Selenium)
- Research failures in browser based tests and communicate the changes needed to the team
- Modify existing tests as the application changes
- Maintain the organization of browser tests so any team member is able to find tests that cover specific application functionality
- Share innovations in test writing with other test writers; communicate progress and evolutions to the team through wiki updates, email communication and lunch and learns
- Participate in regression testing efforts with quality assurance team
- Build team rapport, both within QA and throughout the entire development team
- Participate in weekly demonstrations of completed work and daily stand up meetings
- Support help desk and other internal constituents for each of the existing applications
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
All positions are located in Bloomington, Indiana. Due to the high communication style involved in Agile software development, routine remote development is not offered at this time.
[COVID-19 NOTICE: Though remote employment is not typically offered for many of the roles outlined below, we are committed during this time to ensuring the health and safety of all of our employees. Accordingly, most positions are temporarily assigned to work remotely.]
Please send a communiqué indicating your qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.