We are looking for a Finance Manager in our Corporate FP&A group that will serve as a business partner working with internal stakeholders to understand their business objectives, priorities, challenges and processes and own the financial forecast. This position will serve as the primary manager within FP&A and work directly with the CFO to build out the FP&A function in support of Envisage’s growth trajectory.
We are looking for a roll-up-the-sleeves person who can operate both to tactically drive the forecasting process, while also thinking strategically to successfully position Envisage for future growth. This person must be highly collaborative, possess an inquisitive spirit, and be able to successfully manage ambiguity and frequently changing priorities. This person must also be able to quickly build credibility and perform ongoing analysis to provide visibility into operational and financial performance trends. This position will report to the CFO and have visibility and interaction with the most senior leaders at Envisage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
1. Own the financial forecasting model and process: Oversee the monthly forecasting process and supporting models. Leverage operational data from other sources where possible to support the key inputs in the model. Proactively identify, analyze, and communicate trends and issues affecting the business.
2.Serve as financial business partner to department heads: Meet with department heads (Prof Services, Sales, Marketing, R&D and G&A) monthly to discuss their financial results, including actual vs. plan and actual vs. forecast. Discuss the future forecast of their business and update the department forecast accordingly.
3.Provide financial oversight of day to day operations, including review/approval vendor contracts: Serve as primary point of contact in approval of vendor contracts (and PO’s) from a finance perspective and coordinate with contract owners and Envisage legal to properly structure business terms within guidelines. Review potential outlays to validate they are within budget and achieve the requisite ROI.
4. Preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting packages: Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting packages for the executive team, Board of Directors, and department heads. Own the analysis of the financial data, provide commentary on variances, and be able to explain any changes from previous months. Ensure accuracy of all financial results, analysis, and forecasts.
5. Serve as functional administrator of CPM solution: Individual will serve as the functional administrator of CPM (“Corporate Performance Management”) solution to ensure underlying data is properly sync’d with source systems (including the HR system and ERP), user access rights are correct, and reports are functioning as intended. Role will support the identification and development of new value add reports/analyses in the CPM solution. Work with team to ensure accuracy of financial data across systems and proactively identify/prioritize integration points to incorporate within the financial model. Partner with Ops and other are as of the business to identify gaps in tracking of and reporting on key performance indicators with a focus on driving process automation and scale.
6.Presentations to Executive team: Present the above to executives and key team members as needed, working collaboratively to confirm message, positioning, and value.
7.Coordinating and developing the annual budget: Support the annual budgeting process to develop three-year financial plan with multiple stress-tested scenarios, including coordinating with department heads, the Finance/Accounting team, and executive team to manage timelines and summarize progress.
We would know this person was doing a great job if…
- …The Management team has confidence in the accuracy and basis for the forecast
- …A regular cadence has been established with functional areas of the business
- ….Alignment is established between the data in the operational systems (e.g. Salesforce CRM) and the forecast model
- ….Board reporting packages are being managed and required information compiled to meet deadlines
- …Unusual trends, both positive and negative, are proactively investigated
- …Strong rapport is established with Accounting to ensure monthly actuals are validated and forecast variances are understood
- …Budget and re-forecast cycles are managed with clear indication of timeline
- …Turnaround times are shortened as operational efficiencies are identified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar. CPA is preferred but not required.
· 3+ years of experience in financial analysis, planning, or modeling, preferably in Corporate FP&A or Big 4 (Transaction Advisory). Software/technology experience is a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of Excel with ability to create and analyze complex financial models.
· Experience compiling financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
· Proven ability to build and maintain relationships across an organization.
· Proven ability to manage priorities in a high paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
· Experience with Intacct, Salesforce, Vena/CPM software or FinancialForce a plus.