Director of Sales
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the opportunity to make an impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives forward with a passion to make communities safer. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
We are currently seeking a Sales Director to develop and implement an effective sales strategy and lead a team focused on State and Local sales. To be successful in the role as Director of Sales – State & Local you have to be sales-driven and a fast-moving person with a strong customer focus. You are passionate about creating a value for your customers, which ultimately leads to profitable business for both. You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals. You are best at what you do and you know how to get the best out of your team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing sales programs that will meet pre-determined targets and increase our market share. If you have a history of successfully meeting and exceeding enterprise sales goals, we encourage you to forward your resume for consideration.
- Create and implement strategic sales plans that successfully achieve business objectives
- Monitor competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data
- Use available data to accurately forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on
- major contracts
- Developing and executing sales strategies and plans in order to achieve sales targets
- Forecasting and delivering against substantial revenue targets and achieve the assigned sales volume
- Working with Marketing and Business Development teams to drive lead generation and awareness
- Maintain detailed reports in the CRM system of sales activities including calls, meetings, demonstrations, sales, lost business, and any customer or prospect interactions.
- Provides periodic territory sales reviews.
- Develop key relationships with clients
- Maintain a pipeline full of sales
- Create sales reports that take a look at the company's sales
- Develop long term sales goals
- Observe local and national trends in the market
- Attend conferences and trade shows
- Manage Key Account Sales team members and train them
- Performs other duties as assigned
We would know this person was doing a great job if...
- ...the use of strong interpersonal skills to help your team achieve their goals
- ...driven to meet sales goals with a strategic focus that encourages other team members
- ...organized with process that creation of reports and progress are minimal effort to complete
- ...our products and services are communicated to our new customers that they are excited to begin
- ...interactions with clients exemplifies that Envisage values our clients service to their community
- 5+ years’ of sales management experience, of which 2 years involved a complex solution sales process or Enterprise software sales OR Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting and creating new business
- Experience in information systems and IT Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and CRM applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Specific work experience in selling to the State & Local Government is required
- Experience selling to organizations with over 5,000 employees
- Creativity and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop lasting professional relationships with clients.
- Strong speaking skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (Travel restricted during Covid-19)
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President of Sales
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.