Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative will act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. The role will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Understand Envisage’s market segments, industry best practices and competitors.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Monitor lead feeds and identify sales opportunities that are consistent with Envisage goals.
- Research potential customers identifying the appropriate purchaser(s) and basic pain points.
- Provide initial demonstrations to potential customers.
- Understand the different licensing models and hosting options that are offered and be able to recommend based on constraints.
- Listen deeply to potential customer needs and communicate these to the key account sales team.
- Collaborate with potential customers on how they can garner appropriate budget or support within their organization to implement significant changes.
- Communicate honestly and positively when requested features are not in the software and educate potential customers on Envisage’s development lifecycle and how customer requests may be met.
- Provide feedback to the product design team on features that are not present in the software but needed by potential customers and the market segment.
- Demonstrate new features and corrections to the software to production customers and internal team as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other outreach, sales, lead generation and marketing personnel.
We would know this person was doing a great job if…
- …metrics and KPIs for outreach efforts are achieved.
- …execution on campaigns and sales plays produces a high volume of quality leads.
- …if sales staff spent more time with qualified customers instead of initial conversations.
- …if leads progress in the sales process.
- …if good effort is spent on organizational goals.
- …if potential customers that aren’t interested in our services are left with a positive impression of Envisage.
- …if the existing team feels this person is collaborative and respectful.
- …if management team is comfortable sending this person to a customer site to train or to respond to a customer inquiry.
- Proven experience challenging customers to think differently about their organization/business.
- Experience selling solutions that require multiple level buy-in from executive to end-user levels within an organization.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth technical sales environment.
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment.
- Teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented, hard worker, able to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Undergraduate degree – BA/BS in Business or related field preferred.
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PHONE: Position is expected to be on the phone with potential customers up to 50% of their day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.