Business Development Manager
Envisage seeks an experienced Business Development Manager to lead our team of business development representatives in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. In coordination with our Marketing team, the person in this role is instrumental in our continued growth and expansion through prospecting, appointments with senior-level decisionmakers, and top-of-the-funnel quality leads.
The effective manager in this role continually participates in sales calls, and provides feedback, coaching, and training toward exceeding team revenue goals. This position is located in Bloomington, Indiana and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Challenge prospective customers to think differently about their business and partner with them to affect the way they get work done
- Understand the customer’s challenges and effectively communicate how our platform/product will positively impact their organization and operational efficiency
- Proven ability in hunting and aggressively prospecting new business
- Partner and engage with key stakeholders within your accounts
- Develop new and ongoing partnerships, value selling, and solution oriented to grow customer partnerships
- Assist in building out and refining our value proposition, approach, and playbook for enterprise level customers
- Participate in the on-going planning of our product and services strategy to meet market and client requirements and opportunities
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Desire to continuously improve through sales training
- Build and maintain relationships with other organizational teams
- Coach and partner with your team to ensure skills are developed and metrics are realized
- Uphold and represent company culture and values
We would know this person was doing a great job if…
- …the BDR team feels successful through the level of coaching and support provided.
- …increase of clients are learning and connecting with our product through the BDR team.
- …the clients feel cared for and they develop a trust in our product and services.
- …multiple client connections are managed daily while deadlines are still being met.
- …excellent communication skills are evident through your presenting, listening, and face to face interactions.
- …interactions are consistent with Envisage values.
- 2+ years consistent quota achievement in a strategic, B2B SDR/BDR role
- Proven experience challenging customers to think differently about their organization/business
- Experience selling solutions that require multiple level buy-in from executive to end-user levels within an organization
- Strong business acumen and experience selling to C-level stakeholders
- Track record of developing greenfield accounts and adding logos in an Enterprise Software space
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth technical sales environment
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented, hard worker, able to multitask and prioritize appropriately
- Undergraduate degree – BA/BS in Business or related field preferred
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Marketing
DIRECT REPORTS: Business Development Representatives
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.