The Business/Design Analyst translates business needs into software designs. This person helps the Product Manager balance ourcustomer needs with evolving technical, functional, and financial constraints.
- Work in collaboration with the Graphic Designer to generate design concepts for new features that facilitate new customer features without impeding existing customers.
- Produce process flows and mock-ups for user interfaces, as informed by technical and functional requirements.
- Identify and develop emerging patterns that impact design and development.
- Understand industry best practices and integrate them into designs.
- Collaborate with other analysts and critique each other’s designs, generating feedback that improves our work.
- Assist the quality assurance team verify that user stories are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Preview developer work prior to testing to confirm needed functionality and avoid issues during testing.
- Redesign or answer questions related to issues encountered during the development and testing process.
- Be aware of contractual obligations and counsel the product management team when clients are requesting items outside the scope of their contract.
- Assist customer-facing teams with solutions using current features without need for custom development.
We would know this person was doing a great job if...
- ...Customers, potential customers, and our employees feel listened to and understood as part of requirements gathering.
- ...Others in the organization understand the trade-offs involved in different design paths..
- ...Others’ ideas and relevant feedback is incorporated into their designs.
- ...Development and Quality Assurance teams are equipped to do their work efficiently through design mock-ups, thorough analysis, and answering complex questions in a timely way.
- ...Others (especially introverts) feel this person is approachable and receptive to feedback.
- ...They have a deep knowledge of our products.
SECURITY: Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
LOCATION: Bloomington, IN. Due to high communication style, routine remote work is not offered at this time.
Please email your qualifications for this position with sample work product.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. We shall comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Americans Disability Act (ADA). The company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that the individual can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individual, consumers, or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Envisage Technologies.